Sunday, May 13, 2012

I caught myself.....

Pin It
...being my grandmother, today.  It's the second time this week.  First, I folded a slightly used piece of tinfoil and stuffed it in a drawer for another day.  Now, I've ripped a zipper from an old skirt to use again.  As much of a "upcycle - a - holic" as I am, I have never done that before. 


It made me think of my grandmother and the sewing basket I inherited from her.  It's not really a basket at all.  It's an old cookie can that's well worn, for sure.  It's full of buttons and thread and odds and ends.  Ever so often, I open it up and poke around.  I always seem to find something new, something I never noticed before. 



I've never had the heart to use anything out of it even though I know she'd want me to...

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I have an old cookie tin that is full of lots of buttons and odds and ends. My looks just like that! I just had to laugh...

    I'm your newest follower.
    Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my grandma's sewing basket too... (not a basket at all) anyway, i love to go thru it every now and then its full of wonderful vintagey notions.... Makes my heart skip a beat

    ReplyDelete

Got something nice to say? Just leave a comment here and I'll pass it along to Ruby Jean -- she loves comments!